Lush green lawns, beautifully landscaped gardens and exotic plants. You can only be one place in Melbourne: The Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria. Without a doubt, it’s one of city’s most stunning and exclusive locations for weddings and events.
And we’ve got a range of packages and locations within the gardens to suit weddings of all sizes. Have your event on a secluded lawn, such as Nymphaea Lake or Picnic Point. Consider a romantic pavilion ceremony, like the Rose Pavilion. Or, enjoy the gardens from inside the Old Observatory Building.
Melbourne’s best location deserves Melbourne best catering and event management. And with 12 years’ experience within the gardens, Blakes Feast delivers every time.
A brief history
The Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria’s Melbourne Gardens were established in 1846 by Lieutenant Governor Charles La Trobe. Once the site of a swamp, the gardens have been thoughtfully transformed and maintained over the years to become the world-renowned space you see today.
Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra
photo: Erin & Tara
photo: dean bradley
- Pavilions can accommodate up to 60 people.
- Lawn areas can hold up to 350 people.
Our wedding packages include the following:
- 3 hours site hire (inclusive of set up & pack down)
- 1 wedding vehicle permit
- 1 photography permit
- See below useful links for pricing
February 25th – April 15th 2022
October 28th – December 16th 2022
November 3rd – December 17th 2023
photo: dean bradley
The Botanica is a stunning structure which commands awe and wonder from every angle. Private events and major installations become truly special spaces when held inside this iconic marquee. Impressive in its intricacies, the Botanica features a 5.3m curved roof, contemporary sleek white steel profile & glass panels.
Please contact our office on 03 9885 2777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check what dates are still available.
RBG Event Packages
As the exclusive caterer for the lawns & pavilions at the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Melbourne, Blakes feast have three packages for you to consider……
photo: dean bradley
For an event space with a difference, the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria’s Melbourne Gardens is the perfect destination to host your next party, corporate event, Christmas party or even a family picnic.
Pavilions can accommodate up to 60 people, while lawn areas can hold up to 350 people. Bookings for lawns and pavilions are for a minimum of 3 hours.
To make a booking, please return the Lawns & Pavilions Registration Form with a deposit of $150 to secure the area. Please note surcharges apply for public holiday bookings.
We are able to tailor our packages to suit your requirements; for a customised catering quote, please contact a Blakes Feast consultant on (03) 9885 2777
The Old Melbourne Observatory is a unique Melbourne space. That’s because it’s the only venue in Melbourne where you can step outside and instantly find yourself amid some of the most beautiful gardens in the southern hemisphere.
With three distinct rooms ranging in capacities, it’s the perfect space for workshops, meetings and events.
9-5 by Blakes Feast Catering provides healthy, high-quality food designed to keep your participants satisfied. We can also customise our menus to offer something special, or to accommodate specific requirements.
One of the things, we get asked about all the time is: What happens if it rains?
In the event of wet weather, you have the option to reserve the Eastern Transit Room or the Ellery Suite, both of which are within the Old Observatory Building.
The Eastern Transit Room holds 80 people seated or 120 people standing. The Ellery Suite can hold up to 40 people seated, 60 standing.
The cost to secure the Eastern Transit Room is $600 + gst; payment is non-refundable.
Fill out this form to book: Wet Weather Back Up Booking Form
Alternatively, you can contact one of our Approved Suppliers to arrange outdoor shelter for your event.
Wedding photography and videography requires a permit. See the Photography Registration Form 2020-2021 for more information and pricing.
For commercial photography, please contact the gardens email@example.com. Alternatively, please call 9252 2475.
Want to know more?
For further details, please contact our events consultants on (03) 9885 2777
- Oct – April the cost is $900 + GST for a lawn area & $1,200 + GST for a pavilion. May – Sept (winter rate) the cost is $500 + GST for a lawn area & $700 + GST for a pavilion.
- To confirm your booking, please complete the booking form and return to BF via fax (03) 98852722, email firstname.lastname@example.org or post with a non-refundable deposit of $150 + GST.
- A photo permit is included in the ceremony package. If you choose not to have your ceremony at the RBG and wish to enter just to take photos, the fee is $170 + GST. Please see the photography booking form.
- Any lawn/pavilion that is outlined on the Wedding Walk Brochure.
- Yes we include 1 entry permit in the ceremony fee. The car must be LESS than 6m in length and 2.5m in width to enter the RBG. Stretch vehicle are not permitted nor are horse & carts.
- We allow one 15 minute window for cars to enter the RBG per booking. Two cars is the maximum but only 1 permit time per booking. The additional permit cost is $115 + GST.
- No, the pathways are only single lane and we must have through access at all times. Cars must depart immediately after dropping off the bridal party and park on the street. Please contact the City of Melbourne to reserve car parks on Birdwood Avenue.
- No, Blakes cannot reserve parking for guests on the day. Please contact the City of Melbourne to reserve car parks on Birdwood Avenue.
- Yes, please see the terms and conditions of the booking form.
- No we don't. For quotes on hiring of equipment please contact one of our approved suppliers.
- You can walk in your own tables & chairs if you wish ( vehicle access not permitted), however you are not permitted to bring your own market umbrellas into the gardens. For quotes on hiring of equipment please contact one of our RBG Approved Suppliers.
- We suggest that wheelchairs are hired for elderly guests as we are not permitted to buggy them in and there is limited access for wedding vehicles ( 2 maximum per booking) .
- They are all beautiful, the best thing to do is visit the gardens at the time of the day you wish to hold your ceremony and decide which lawn best suits your needs. Eg. size of lawn, proximity to gates, any surrounding noise and toilets.
- Anywhere within the outlined area – please see map in the Wedding Walk Brochure.
- This is up to you, the ceremony package includes 3 hours but you can extend this (subject to availability) by paying the additional hourly rate.
- Yes please see our list of RBG Approved Suppliers. Please book directly with the supplier and notify us so we can arrange their entry and exit.
- Prevention is better than a cure. It's very important you have a wet weather plan. Pop up marquees give ample cover for light rain/wind or shade from the sun on a hot day, but you need to also keep in mind if it's heavy rain where you will move to. We offer a room on site called the Eastern Transit Room which can be pre-booked for a rate of $600 + GST (non refundable paid in full at time of booking). The ETR can cater for 120 maximum.
- Cancellations need to be made up until 7 days prior in order to receive a refund less the $150 + GST booking deposit which is non-refundable.
- You are permitted to provide non-alcoholic beverages however any alcohol must be purchased by Blakes Feast and served by a Blakes Feast staff member to RSA laws.
- No confetti, rice or any other decoration can not be thrown within the RBG. If this occurs a $500 + GST bond will be deducted from your credit card.
- See the lawns/pavilion booking form for rates.
- No, due to the sensitive nature of the RBG, no ball games are permitted.
- You can bring your own food from home (eg picnic lunches, sandwiches, chips), but Blakes Feast are the only caterer permitted to cater within the Old Observatory, Lawns and Pavilions of the RBG.
- Blakes Feast can cater a BBQ menu in the RBG, see out BBQ packages PDF. There are no BBQ’s onsite for general public use as they are not permitted.
- Yes there are several types of marquees - either pop up style or a built marquee if allowed. Please speak to your coordinator for a quote.
- During the open hours of the RBG it must be acoustic only. Outside of the public open hours you can have amplified music.
To obtain a tailored proposal for your event, please email email@example.com or phone Blakes Feast Catering on 9885 2777